- Try Living fully in the present moment.
- Developing your potential and finding ways to express it
- Developing coping skills and building resilience; to adapt to life’s uncertainties.
- Try Practicing an attitude of gratitude (counting your blessings)
- Discover what are the things that add value to your life and set goals according to your values.
- Contributing and engaging in activities that actively build social connections and contribute to the well-being of others, and of the planet.
- Healthy diet and spending time out of doors.
- Staying active.
- Committing to a life-giving spiritual practice, that increases meaning and purpose.
- Make sure to get a proper amount of sleep.
Try to avoid,
Getting stuck in rumination – negatively mulling over past events.
Anticipatory anxiety; – worrying about future events.
Engaging in Social comparisons – keeping up with the Jones’s
Three Small tips for Living Mindfully.
Breath 7/11-Drop the shoulders and bring attentiveness to the inhale for the count of seven and exhale for the count of eleven.
Bring attention to the body- feel feet on ground, hands on lap etc… remember your body is always in the now!
Activity, – choose a routine activity e.g. brushing teeth, and be with the sensations rather than racing ahead with to do lists. (Remember to do things mindfully).